ISSUES AND IDEAS
Collaborative Growth: Inclusive city planning that emphasizes accessibility, walkability and affordable housing.
- Work directly with District 5 by hosting community meetings and mapping to identify opportunities for growth.
- Prioritizing new parks that broaden residents’ access to recreation,green space and the arts.
- Leveraging impact and utility connection fees to incentivize affordable housing development.
Unlocking Potential: Economic recovery that is grounded in living wages and opportunities for socioeconomic mobility, particularly with those who have been historically excluded.
- Piloting innovative programs (like guaranteed basic income and predictive scheduling) that could provide support to children and families.
- Engaging community inputs and feedback in implementing cannabis legalization to maximize investments.
Thriving Companions: Support for community animal control that will help Las Cruces establish itself as a no-kill city.
- Implementation and monitoring of trap-neuter-release (TNR) by Animal Control.
- Promoting expanded access to microchipping and low-cost spay/neuter services.
Green Futures: Action to reduce Las Cruces’ impact on climate change, including through utility use and distribution.
- Advocating for sustainable approaches for city utility customers in rate-cases and conversations with utility suppliers.
- Emphasizing and incentivizing sustainability, like solar-powered homes and electric vehicles in City operations and future growth.